A GUIDE TO #RWYORK 2017 FOR RESTAURATEURS
We offer these tips to help you and your staff have the most successful Restaurant Week experience. Included here are menu guidelines, service tips, and promotional suggestions. Additional promotional and information materials will be provided to you prior to the event.
WE ARE ENCOURAGING ALL PARTICIPATING RESTAURANTS TO BE OPEN SUNDAY & MONDAY DURING RESTAURANT WEEK 2017, IF AT ALL POSSIBLE.
START TALKING WITH STAFF ABOUT RESTAURANT WEEK
- Make sure everyone is familiar with the facts about Restaurant Week.
- Participating restaurants offer a special, fixed-price, three-course lunch and (if applicable) dinner menu. Some may offer a special breakfast. Staff should know if the restaurant’s Restaurant Week menu and prices.
- If you would like a RWYork representative to come talk to your staff about the event, please email Meagan at email@example.com.
- Restaurant Week York is February 25 through March 4, 2017 (Sat. to Sat.)
- We are encouraging all participating restaurants to be open Sunday & Monday during RW if possible.
- $5 or $10 or $15 lunch special
- $20 or $30 or $40 dinner special - talk to us if you need a different price option
- Optional $5 or $10 or $15 breakfast/brunch special
- Eateries without full menus may offer a special Restaurant Week-only item (i.e. specialty coffee drink, cupcake, etc.) - no set price required
- For 2017, all Restaurant Week York participants are required to offer at least one Restaurant Week-only EXCLUSIVE menu item. Have fun with it!
- Expect an unusually high volume of calls for reservations or info during Restaurant Week. Host/Hostess should be familiar with reservation policies, as well as the days of participation, cost and other details.
- You will be required to let us know during the registration process whether Restaurant Week specials will be offered on carry-out or if a charge applies.
PROMOTING RESTAURANT WEEK
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org your #rwyork menu by January 31.
- If possible, use your POS system to announce your participation on guest checks.
- Email your regular customers and inform them about Restaurant Week.
- Display the Restaurant Week posters.
- Distribute the Restaurant Week pins to your staff.
- “Like” Restaurant Week York at facebook.com/restaurantweekyork.
- Tag your Restaurant Week posts with @Restaurant Week York and the hashtag #rwyork.
- Join the Twitter conversation! If you would like us to retweet information about your restaurant, please send updates to hashtag #rwyork on Twitter to @rwyork.
- Use #rwyork and share your good food news and pics on Instagram.
- Spread the word. A dedicated allotment of buckslips will be delivered to participating restaurants in early February. Present these buckslips with guest checks to promote your participation.
- You will be provided the Restaurant Week logo to print your own custom Restaurant Week menu, which must be displayed and/or provided to guests during Restaurant Week. If you need help designing your Restaurant Week menu, email email@example.com by February 3.
- The Restaurant Week menu should be presented to all guests along with the standard menu. Guests should not have to request the Restaurant Week menu.
- Please offer a maximum of 3 options for each price point. For example, if you are offering both a $5 lunch and a $10 lunch, that is 6 maximum options total.
- For dinner options, 3 courses are recommended.
- THIS YEAR, ALL RESTAURANTS ARE REQUIRED TO OFFER AT LEAST ONE RESTAURANT WEEK-ONLY EXCLUSIVE MENU ITEM.
- Beverage, tax and gratuities are not included and this should be noted on the menu.
- Menu items should be representative of your restaurant in both portion size and quality. Remember that your menu will leave an impression on diners, including many who may be trying your restaurant for the first time.
- Please include a vegetarian option. If you want to go the extra mile, allow for vegan substitutions.
- We highly encourage celebrating York County and Central PA with your menu by highlighting locally sourced ingredients in your Restaurant Week specials.
- Restaurant Week is an opportunity to showcase your restaurant’s cuisine and to highlight your best creations. You might choose to feature your “Fan Favorite” dishes, signature menu items, or your own favorites. Be creative and have fun.